I hope you've all had a good month so far! I can't believe that February is almost over.. 2014 is flying by already! I couldn't let the month come to a close without giving you some more healthy eating tips
- Aim to eat your veggies first - Best way to always ensure you’re getting your veggies in is to make sure they’re served with every meal and that they’re the first thing eaten! Plus most veggies are power foods which will keep you fuller longer! Fill up on that and you’ll be less likely to want the rest of that pasta that’s sitting on your plate.
- Cut pop! - You all know how much I hate it.. but drinking water over pop makes a MASSIVE difference in so many ways. (Yes this included diet pop). If you need help if might be fun finding ways to jazz up your water by adding things like lemons, limes, orange slices, cucumber or berries. Healthy way to get in flavour.
- Use Smaller serving plates, utensils - This has always been a big one for me. Filing a small plate with lots of GOOD food. YUM!
- Smaller portions- This one feeds off the last one.. but try to just put LESS food on your plate.
- Tip if you’re eating out: Ask to have half the food put into a takeaway container before it comes out. Also, consider ordering an appetizer instead of an entree.
I hope that some of these help you out! Do you have any healthy eating tips that I should share?
Have a great day!